Subject: Re: Mem Fragmentation - half solved
From: "Ott M. Aaloe" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 10:04:56 +0300 (EETDST)

Hi all (Neil)!
> What we did is allocate three areas of memory big enough to hold our
> largest bitmaps.  We then use CludgeBitMap to make one of these areas
> into a bitmap.  That way, we have absolute control over bitplane allocations.
> 
> Finally, we call AllocMem_ with a huge value a lot.  This defrags the
> memory to a large extent.
> 
I had same idea in mind. Can you explain a bit this bitmap cludge'ing.
I had some problems with it. What exactly does this cludgebitmap 
command want? Addres of a bitmap itself or the whole bitmap object 
structure? Must I create my own bitmap struct by hand?? Hmm..yes
here comes my other question. Someone explained once this but I lost
this msg so here it comes. How can I create blitz objects without
useing blitz commands to allocate them. For example I think it's not 
wise to  oad 10 samples one by one into memory. Instead I thought I 
link all samples into one piece, alloc some chip and load linked 
samples into it. Here's the problem - how I suppose to tell blitz that 
I have sound object #1 starting from addr x, sound #2 startting from
x+z etc.??

                O.T.T. ([email-masked])